According to the provisions of the Espol Academic Regime, students must complete a total of 640 contact hours with the Society. Of these, 60% corresponds to Business Practices and 40% to Community Service.
Each faculty and academic unit of Espol has a Linkage Unit with the Society. These departments supervise community service and business internship projects, in addition to informing students about the availability of programs. For more information visit:
Registration of pre-professional practices, links with society and integrating subject in the Faculty of Engineering in Earth Sciences
Outreach Programs: Civil Engineering
- Improvement of skills and knowledge of the workforce for the development of civil engineering projects "Libertador Bolívar"
- Improvement of the management of liquid and solid waste in the commune of Pechiche belonging to the GAD of Chanduy, Province of Santa Elena
- Strengthening the capacities of prevention, control and mitigation of problems of basic services of the commune "Puerto Libertad"
- Improvement of skills and knowledge of the community for the development of urban and housing projects "La Unión"
- Strengthening citizen capacity for the mitigation of climate-related impacts on water systems and solid waste "Santa Lucia"
- Characterization of the geotechnical conditions of underground mining operations in the Camilo Ponce Enríquez Canton
Outreach Programs: Geology
- "Study and Feasibility of Exploitation of Underground Water Resources in the La Unión Campus".
- "Strengthening of the Prevention, Control and Mitigation Capacities of Basic Services Problems of the Puerto de Libertad Commune".
- "Hydrology and Hydrogeology Applied to the High Mangrove Coastal Aquifer".
- Educational dissemination - Parque AJÁ.
- Minera exploration project
- Component within another project.
- "Analysis of places of refuge for tsunamis defined in the communities".
Outreach Programs: Mining Engineering
- Technical support to the artisanal mining sector of the exploitation of non-metallic, in the Cooperativa Minera "El Tablazo". Province of Santa Elena.
- Technical advice for the exploitation of arid and stony materials in the canton Crnel. Marcelino Maridueña from the Province of Guayas, in compliance with the Safety, Health and Environment regulations.
- Knowledge management of the risks associated with mineral waste deposits resulting from extractive activities in the Camilo Ponce Enríquez Mining District.
- Characterization of the geotechnical conditions of underground mining operations in the Camilo Ponce Enríquez Canton.
Outreach Programs: Petroleum Engineering
- Awareness campaign on the environmental impacts and risks to communities settled in the vicinity of 2 km of visible section of pipeline and gas pipeline located in the canton La Libertad.
- Update of proven reserves of the Pucuna field
- Update of proven reserves of the Palo Azul field
- Rehabilitation of the water reinjection system of the Pata field